Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I think this is what 3 year olds do...

Lately we have been having battles with Emily. It seems like I am always saying this, but honestly she is so good for so long, and then out of nowhere we hit this period where it seems like a week to a week and half of resistance from her. It all started on Monday when she just wouldn't listen. It seemed like she was constantly bugging Mordecai, and she started SNEAKING things and hiding under the kitchen table with them. Like I can't see her under there. Anyway, yesterday was our Enrichment Night and it was supposed to be at our house, but the weather didn't cooperate, 55 for the high and rainy all day, so we moved it to the church. Because of that I was stressed cause there was a million things I needed to do to get ready and leave and Emily wasn't helping again. For example I had to make a pan of brownies and while I went upstairs to get Mordecai out of his bed I came downstairs to Emily getting into the Peanut Butter and trying to eat it under the table. Then I went upstairs to grab something real quick and Emily had taken 2 eggs out of the egg carton and dropped one on my floor, another mess to clean. *SIGH* I also forgot to mention that morning I walked into my bathroom and she had gotten into my fingernail polish. Usually she brings it to me and asks, but the particular time I told her to put it away and she ran into my toilet room and dumped it on her leg, luckily I caught her before it got on the floor. We have been giving her a lot of attention so I have no clue what her deal is. Maybe it is the age, but honestly the sneakiness is what is getting to me. I also can't forget the whining. It irritates me and she just can't let anything go, even if you tell her you will help her in a minute she is constantly nagging until you help her. ARGHHH!

Okay now for something funny and nice about her. Just a minute ago she was in the bathroom doing her business and she yelled for me.

Mom: What?
Emily: I ran out of urinate.
Mom: Then do you need to go?
Emily: I think I need to do a stinky.
Mom: Great.
Emily: Plop, Plop, Urine
Emily: The urinate was in there hiding.

2 comments:

Tristen Jones said...

That is way cute!! Emily is hilarious. Thanks for the fun posts and hope you guys are well.
Love ya.

Kim said...

I understand the craziness of a three year old, but it makes up for it when they put a smile on your face!