Emily & Fabulous
Mordecai & Buddy
Emily, Fabulous, Mordecai, & Buddy
Fabulous taking a nap...
Buddy taking a nap 
When Cherstin was here last summer we purchased these fold out beds for our girls. It was probably the best frivolous purchase I have ever made. Emily used it when we went to Utah for Julies wedding, she has used it when she is scared and comes into our room in the middle of the night, and dare I forget to mention she uses it when she is playing "team work" with Abby or Hannah. Well, this last week when she was sick she used too. The whole time she was laying on it in the family room Mordecai would try to climb all over her or it, so we decided to buy him one since we are going to Utah this weekend, and for his inevitable reasons for coming into our room in the middle of the nights in the near to distant future.
We also went to the mall and had a bear made for Mordecai since he is always trying to take Emily's bear named Fabulous. He was so excited and wont even let Emily touch it. When she tries he swats at her. It is kind of fun to watch the pay back.
And last but not least...Emily's M&M jar. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I was having a hard time with Emily and getting her to listen and it felt like I was yelling at her ALL the time. So I grabbed a mason jar from the basement and marked a line toward the top and explained to her that if she listened the first time, or did things that made us happy without us asking she would get an M&M, but if we had to ask her more than once she would lose and M&M, and once she got to the lone marked on the jar she would get something special. So far it is working pretty well. I still have days where I feel like just yelling at her and taking away all of her M&M's but I guess that is to be expected. I do have to say that there is a lot less contention in our home. Now who do I sound like...MOM.
Now it is off to finish cleaning and laundry so I can pack for Utah tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment