Thursday, May 28, 2009

Swimming Gear



For the past 3 months Emily has been talking about how she can't wait until the leaves come back on the trees, because that means the swimming pool will open. Who knows where she learns these things, but it is still cute. Well the week before family came for Memorial Day I bought her theses goggles, and arm floaties because we told her when Grant and James got here the pool would open. So the Monday before they got here I told Emily they would be here this week, and she having no concept of time ran and found her goggles and floaties and asked if I would put them on her. I told her that her cousins wouldn't be here until Wednesday and that the pool wouldn't open until Saturday but she didn't care. So I put them on her and she danced to the music I was making dinner to for a good hour. I have the coolest kid ever

2 comments:

blondeviolin said...

We bought this life vest thing (called Puddle Jumpers). It doesn't look like a traditional vest, but Abby can swim in the water with it all by herself, which is awesome. :) Normally she likes to hold my finger, but she has total confidence to do it herself. Emmett still likes to hold two fingers, though.

How does Emily do with the floaties? Have you taken her yet?

Kim said...

OK! Now that is too cute!