This weekend we did a lot of yard work...well I should say that I did a lot of yard work. Wednesday night Mike and I mowed the yard, me with the rider and him with the push mower. Then after I trimmed the edge with the weed eater while Mike did something else that I can't think of, oh yeah he was trying to turn our sprinklers on. Then the 4 bushes under our kitchen bay window were infested with bees all summer long. I know that bees are good for pollinating, but I am not a big fan of them so close to the house, so I began the process of ripping them out on Thursday. I clipped all of the branches I could with our electric trimmer, and then about 10:00 Lexy showed up with their saws all so then we sawed of the monster branches. I am to weak to pull the actual bush itself out of ground so Mike will have to do that some time soon. I hope to plant some stuff there, but I need to go down to an actual nursery with a printed layout of the area so they can give me some ideas of what to put in there.
Saturday morning we had Westminster City pride day. Our ward volunteered, so we were assigned to clean a park. After we cleaned the park we hit Home Depot for some sprinkler stuff, since our sprinkler pipe was cracked, and lineloeum tile pieces for our laundry room floor. When we got home Lexy came over again and we tilled up our raised flower beds and then headed over to her house to till up her flower beds in preperation for some flowers. I have yet to buy them and would love some people to suggest some great combinations.
One of these yard days/nights we ate outside so here is a picture. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment