Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday weekend...early


Friday night Mike took us out for my birthday dinner since we will have family here next weekend. We ended up trying this new place called BJ's. It was pretty yummy!!! Mike got this potato that started out at 2-3 pounds and then they stuffed it with grilled chicken, broccoli, cheese, and Alfredo sauce. It was delicious. I got a BBQ chicken salad that was AWESOME, and Emily ordered the mini burger that came with 2 mini hamburgers so she and Mordecai shared that. Afterwards we went to American Furniture Warehouse to look at the chair and sofa table/t.v. console thing. After w got there we noticed things were on sale so we ended up buying both, great birthday gift!!!!!! The only sad part was that the chair we ordered, that matches our sectional perfectly, is on back order until the end of June. So the reason we ordered it now was supposed to be so we would have an extra seat in our family room for family but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. We have yet to pick up the side table thingy cause we did a day full of yard work yesterday. When I say a day full I mean a 12 hour day. We did this cause the enrichment night in June is a BBQ at our house, so I wanted to have the yard somewhat presentable. So hopefully by Tuesday we will have the stand thing and the kids wont be able to reach the things on the top like they can with our current one.

Today was a regular Sunday though. Mordecai and Emily seemed a little wired during Sacrament, but not to bad. Mordecai didn't sleep well last night because he is cutting his molars. He went to bed at his normal time, 8:15, but then was up again at 10 screaming inconsolably. After about an hour and no relief from the medicine I decided to drive him around to see if it would calm him down. No such luck I drove for 15-20 minutes with him screaming intermittently. Finally I came home and Mike took him to the basement to play a little bit of Halo and then he seemed to calm down after his second dose of Ibuprofen. He then slept only from 12:00 to 2:30 in the morning. I got up and tried to calm him down and that didn't work either, so I went downstairs and watched t.v. with him until 5:00. He then slept until 10 minutes before we had to leave for church. I hate it when kids always have problems the nights that you have to be up early. I was so tempted to stay home from Church because I didn't want to juggle a whiny and squirmy kid from lack of sleep, but I went and I am thankful that I did. Now the kids are in bed and I am thinking I am going to go to bed since I have a packed week until family gets here.

1 comment:

Melody said...

We are so excited to see your house. I wanted to let you know what I was able to take half a day off on Friday so we will make it to your house by 10pm...if nothing goes wrong. Happy Brithday tomorrow. We're glad we can come celebrate with you.