Today I took the kids to buy stuff for our make shift sand box. First we hit Wal-Mart to see if they had sand or pools cheaper than Ace Hardware. They didn't but they did have some pretty cheap sand toys. After there we went to Ace Hardware and bought the pool and sand. The pool is a hard plastic pool 45" wide, so it only took 2 bags of play sand that weighed 50 pounds each, but I bought 3 bags of sand just in case. The pool was $9.99 and the sand was $4.99 a bag. So all- in- all a pretty cheap sand box. When we got home I looked in the back seat and Mordecai was falling asleep so I told Emily that she would have to wait until he got up. When we finally did set it up Emily was so excited. Mordecai didn't know what to think about it at first, so when I tried putting him in he would stay stiff. Finally after playing in the sand from the outside he was okay playing in the actual sand. They both had a blast!






After the sand box Emily and I played with Frisbees. Then we all played tag, I was running with Mordecai. After tag we had races. Again I was carrying Mordecai and we would race from one end of the backyard to the other. After about 10 races we went on a walk for about an hour. So as I sit writing this I am already thinking I am ready for bed.
After dinner the kids had a quick bath and then we had the closing on our home in our home. It went really quick and the closer was super nice. I am hoping that Mike will do some tile after the kids are in bed, which reminds me that Mordecai went to bed at 6:30, and Emily just told Mike she is tired and wants to go read books. I don't think we will have much of a special night with her tonight. Oh-well, that is fine by me.
5 comments:
Well, I am sooooo doing this this weekend! I have been researching sannd boxes and I think I like this idea much better, plus it doebles as a pool! :)
What cute pictures! The kids look like they had a blast and I am sure you were exhausted after all of that. Great idea for a sand box!
The comment above is from Suzanne. Not sure why it says anonymous!
What a fabulous idea! I'm SO stealing it! (Hope you don't mind) I've wanted to get Corin a sandbox, but was having a hard time spending the money so this is going to be great, and it will give him a place to dig instead of the flower beds which I'll be planting in.
What a full and fun filled day!! Love the make shift sand box!! Glad it doesn't have water on one side...I'm not a big fan of ours because of that.
Post a Comment