Yesterday we had 2 deaths in our little family. Emily has had these 2 beta fishes since she was about 13 or 14 months. Their names were 'Dorthy' and 'Dorthy'. Well she has been trying to be a helper lately and and so she decided to feed them herself. Well she fed them to much, like the whole bottle, by accident. So on Tuesday I cleaned the tank, and while I was doing it I noticed they weren't acting very feisty like they usually do...turns out they were sick. So yesterday when I went to get clothes for Emily to wear for the day I noticed they weren't moving. In the past they have sat so still sometimes that I thought they were dead, but upon moving the tank they moved, well not this time. Both were goners. So last night when we were saying good-bye Emily said, "My fishes got cavities, that's why they got killed." LOL. She took it pretty well and said bye. So sad.
3 comments:
Hahaha. ABby killed most of Rachel's fish by overfeeding them when we visited Wanda. I was thinking it's a good thing our fish tank is so up high..
That made me smile! Glad she wasn't too traumatized.
That's sad! My brother had two frogs when he was little, and he and his friend decided to have them jump on the trampoline with them. Because *they* were hot and sweaty, they thought the frogs were too, so they dug a hole and filled it with ice cold hose water. That was the end of the frogs... glad Emily took it well!
Post a Comment