Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Running

So in an effort to lose my 5 pounds before we get pregnant again I have started exercising again. Saturday night I hit the eliptical trainer for a half an hour. Yesterday for our so called FHE we hit Home Depot to buy some finished wood, door, and paint for our bedroom. While we were there, Lexy, texted me and asked if I wanted to go on a walk. I wanted to, but it was already hitting 8:45 and didn't know how late was okay with her so I asked her what about Tuesday. Well during the day she was busy, and so we decided to go at 9:00 last night. We did a big loop around our sub division that equaled out to be 4 miles. Lexy and I talked about how we have weight goals and that we were going to be each others support so in the middle of walking Lexy says, "by the way when we get to there we are going to run." We ran about a mile total last night which is a lot for me since I haven't done that in FOREVER. Anyway, we are going to do this every night for 6 months Monday- Friday. Well she is here I need to go.

3 comments:

blondeviolin said...

Have fun. Like I said, I LOVED the Couch to 5k program before I got pregnant with this baby. I'm actually looking forward to running again post-baby.

Some things to watch for are to go slowly. Running too frequently too soon can be a big mistake. Shin splints are common when you start off too quickly, but it can cause stress fractures too. Also, get good running shoes. Not just any athletic shoe...GOOD running shoes. You should spend AT LEAST $35. Don't be afraid to run around the store with them.

It's weird that I'm giving you running thoughts... LOL

Tiff Keetch said...

Go you!! It's always good to have a friend - especially one that wont let you back out easily...

So, about the curtains... If you want the bold look of black - go for it, but I chose black to match the curtain rod. Is your piano going right next to the curtains? Or in a different part of the room? I would rather the fabric stand out than the grommets... (sorry - tons of random thoughts.. haha)

Kim said...

So are you going to treat yourselves somehow when you both reach your goals?