Today has been so fun, but exhausting all at the same time. It started with yesterday. I decided that since I had done all the cleaning for Thursday's dinner party I was going to sand and paint the stairs going down to the basement. So after Mike left for work I did just that, I sanded them and then the kids and I went to ACE Hardware to buy paint. While we were there I picked up some paint for the walls too. When we got home the kids and I ate lunch then Mordecai went down for a nap. While he was napping Emily and I painted the stairs. We did one coat and then let them dry. When Mike got home we took a look at them and he said that we probably should do another coat. So this morning I did the second coat. The stairs look so much better now, especially since they aren't the ugly blue/grey that Colorado loves to use so much, and that they don't have chips of paint gone or pieces of wood splintering up. In case you are wondering I painted the a milk chocolate brown, called 'High Mesa'.
After I painted the stairs this morning the kids and I got ready for the day while Mike was at his last basketball game for Church ball. Then when he got home we headed out for Hannah Ludwig's birthday party at 'Pump It Up'. Emily and Mordecai had a blast. There was a big circular bouncer, a gigantic slide, boxing ring, and a BIG obstacle course that mad you feel like you were on 'Gladiators'. I think the hit was the slide, at least for our family. After we played for a while we went to another room for pizza, veggies, fruit, and cupcakes.
When we got home Mike and I pulled out the paint and started sanding, caulking, and painting the window casing in the breakfast nook. Hopefully we will have of the windows knocked out before we have family here in May. So many things to do, and so little time.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
Why didn't you call me I LOVE to paint! :) I am on my way next time you are ready to paint.
I want to see pictures.
If we were closer I would have totally helped! Painting is fun, just not on your own house! :( Hey, why does my blog say on your page that I haven't updated for four month?? CRZY! I update it at least every week! LOL Wierd...(ps..my name is spelled with an e, not an a. I should be used it by now, though, that is how everyone does it!) LOL.
Have a great weekend!
Love ya,
Tristen
Post a Comment