Monday, March 16, 2009

Well Child Visits

Today I took the kids in for their well child visits. Dr. Miller checked Mordecai first since Emily nominated him to be first. Thankfully his ear infections are gone and everything else abouthim was healthy.

He weighed 22 lbs 7 oz - 45 %
and was 31 inches long - 90%

All bets are that he is going to be just like Daddy, tall and skinny. Dr. Miller asked about words and while I was telling him his 4 maybe 5 words Mordecai had to demonstrate his uh-oh's. Again we were told that he will probably follow Emily in his verbal skills, GREAT, now I will never have a quiet moment to myself. Ha Ha. Mordecai also slept thru the night again so Mike and I are finally getting some sleep.

Now for Emily's. They weighed her on the big kids scale and measured her length on the wall instead of laying down. She maintains her average curve and looks like she will take more after her moms side than Dads, sorry honey.

She weighed 32 lbs - 70 %
and was 37 1/2 inches long - 60 %

Dr. Miller then tested her knowledge of letters and asked her if she knew the ABC song. She said yes and then he asked her if she could count. She counted to 22 and he was shocked, then he asked her what this letter was, pointing to a 'Q' on the wall and she said, "Q, Q says qwu" he was so impressed he asked her a couple of more letters and then looked at me and said, "Wow, these are things that 4 year olds turning 5 barely know." We are continuing to realize how bright and intelligent she is and are shocked sometimes on the things she knows.

Both kids have some eczema problems so we were given a prescription for them and we will see how they work. After Mordecai quit crying from his 3vaccines we went to Costco to do some grocery shopping. Man diapers are expensive!!! I am so glad we only have one in them. Mike should be home soon, so I need to go start dinner.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

YEAH FOR HEALTHY KIDDOS!!

Kim said...

Love smart kiddos! My friend was telling me a few months ago that she needs to work on her daughters' alphabet...and she's older than T. I was shocked.