Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend Success


I finally finished my tab curtains yesterday for our family room. It only took me a week, and Mike says that they look professional which makes me feel great. He is such a great husband and supportive. I just love him. Anyway all we need to do know is hang the blinds when they finally arrive which should be any day now.

Yesterday we also went and looked at the living room furniture we will be getting. http://www.furniturerow.com/product_single.php?prod_id=2248&group_id=338&main_img=dev/core/uploaded/avalonbuckskingplg.jpg We decided that we want the couch and two chairs, but after measuring we probably will only get one chair since if we have the two chairs they will be longer than the couch itself. Who knows though, if anyone has any ideas for placement let me know. We wont be buying them until the woodwork and painting is done in there, so hopefully in a month or two. After furniture shopping we came home so Mordecai could have his nap, and Mike and Emily washed cars while I installed our door bell. Things are slowly coming along, and it feels GREAT!!!
Before baths last night Mordecai got his first haircut. We decided that he needed one cause the hair around is callick (sp) was really long, and in some other places too. He was okay at first and then it was a struggle cause he kept trying to look at it.
He slept better last night. We decided to let him cry it out unless he was screaming like he was in pain. So he cried for about an hour and then went back to sleep until a quarter to 3 and then I nursed him. I should of just let him cry it out again, but I was so tired. Weaning is going well, I think. He doesn't seem to have a problem with not nursing so he should be fairly easy.
Congratulations to Katrina and Neal, and Nathan and Valerie Witte on their new babies. Seeing and hearing about them almost make me want to have another one. We will See though.

3 comments:

blondeviolin said...

Mom says, "So that's why I haven't heard anymore about curtains..." LOL

Mom, Dad and I agree that Mordecai looks like Orion kinda ESPECIALY in the picture where he's looking up at you smiling. I can totally see Philip and Mom and Dad agree.

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Thanks for the Congrats! I LOVE your new furniture! :) The curtains look great too! I can't wait till we can see you!

Kim said...

NICE curtains!! Love the furniture you've picked out! Can't wait to come to Denver to see everything!