Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTING




This morning came early. Mike and I went to bed and it seemed like we were only asleep for a couple of minutes when the alarm went off. We got up and dressed so we could go vote. We tried early voting on Friday and the lines were WAY to long. It was so easy we walked in, voted, and we were right out. A good thing too cause we had the kids with us. I can't understand why anyone would vote Democrat. How could they vote for anyone that supports abortion and doesn't salute our flag or even believe in our Country and what it was founded on and stands for. Even if you feel you have to vote democratic because you want Bush out of office, who did a wonderful job by the way, or because you feel poor and think that OBAMA would or can even change that. AND for those of you who oppose the war let me say this. Just because the general public doesn't know anything about WMD's doesn't mean there isn't any stuff under wraps, think about it, and if you say you support our troops but still want us out of Iraq, than you really don't because supporting them means supporting their decision, and they signed up knowing what could or was happening and that meant they believed it. Now to the economic problems. It wasn't Bush who made it happen. It was all the greedy, and I mean greedy bankers, that wanted more and more money. So don't place blame where it doesn't belong, or without taking a good hard look at yourself. Anyway that was my rant. I need to wrap up because my friend Wendy will be dropping of her kids in a little and I need to do some stuff. You will probably hear from me tonight,after Mike's soccer game.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I agree!! Personally, I am scared to death to think what will happen if Obama becomes president. Almost makes me want to move to Canada! (not really, but that is how strongly I feel!)

Kim said...

Tell us how your really feel Des : )
Don't forget the economy is bad from the greedy people buying houses that they can't afford that the greedy bankers gave them loans for!

Jenna Paulsen said...

I have to say I am a little taken aback. I know everyone has their opinions, but to outrightly say that "I can't understand why anyone would vote Democrat" really hurts. Obama wants to see some change in this country, and that's what he wants to do. I'm for women's rights, and I do believe in freedom of speech. I just have to say I am very offended.

Anonymous said...

Amen to what jspeh433 says. I don't read every blog out there but this is definitely one of the most arrogant egocentric posts I've ever read. If you can't see some good with both candidates you aren't paying attention, and by reading your comments you obviously only listen to one side. Obama himself said during the debates that no one is pro-abortion, that everyone wants fewer abortions. And, maybe you weren't there that day but the letter read in sacrament meetings from the First Presidency said that “Principles compatible with the gospel may be found in the platforms of all major political parties.” There are people you know, even members of your church who voted for and supported Obama, not to mention well over half our nation.