So lately Emily has been wanting to say our dinner prayers without help. She has done them in our rotation previously with help, but this is all new with the independence thing. So Thursday night she said.
"Heavenly Father, thankful for this day, bless us to have a good dinner, and I am thankful for my Elmo game, and bless me to be good so I can play it tonight. Amen."
Last nights prayer was this...
"Heavenly Father, thankful for this day, help this food to be good, I am thankful for Mom, Dad, and Mordecai, and I am thankful for my videos. Amen."
I am grateful for the simple things in life that we forget to be thankful for, and I am thankful for Emily, and all the things she does to remind us of them.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
I love the innocence of children. If only I didn't feel really silly thanking Heavenly Father for trivial things like new socks.
Post a Comment