To those of you that don't agree with my previous posts I am sorry, BUT, this is my opinion and that only, so you don't have to read it or like it. Jenna as for you I love you babe, but please don't take offense. I am sure there are tons of views that you and I don't agree on and
that's okay all that matters is that we understand that. As for the anonymous person there is good to every
candidate, but I think Obama was off of what I myself felt/feel. The fact of the matter is even though Obama
said he wanted and everyone wants less abortion he still is for having them, and I am not for the late term abortion or even for his plan of letting babies born of botched abortions die in a room with no
meds. I have and did listen to both sides, and even though I didn't agree with McCain on all the things he stood for I voted for him because I disagreed with Obama less. So if you voted Obama good for you, but I think you and the rest of the people who voted the "DEM" way will be upset with your/their decision in the future just like they were when they voted for Bill Clinton, or maybe you wont because whenever anything goes wrong democrats always seem to find a way to blame it on republican administrations. I do agree though that we need change but I don't think Obama is the right man to do that, it is just sad to see that are country is dividing like it is. I will say however that I "believe in honoring, obeying and
sustaining the law", and I will, it doesn't however mean I have to like it. In the end I should add again this is my blog and a way for me to be able to post what I feel.
8 comments:
Oh snap! :) Way to be Desi!
Tell it how it is! I agree with you 100%!! Vent the way you want on YOUR blog, people can read at their own discresion!
You Rock my world BFF.
"Those who take offense when offense is not intended are fools. Those who take offense wen offense is intended are bigger fools."
Don't worry about what you post, and don't feel like you have to justify it.
Let me start by saying that we all have the right to our own opinion and we have to agree to disagree.
Also, Desi, keep doing what your doing. It takes more courage to stand against the popular crowd than it does to go with the flow. Furthermore, publicly speaking out against those who are close to is even harder. You are now on my “I want to be like…” list.
With that said, I feel the need to point out several facts about the Iraq war and President Bush that most Democrats like to sidestep.
First, the economy collapsed 2-3 months into his first term. It takes a lot longer than that for the economy to tank. That could lead many to conclude that the Clinton Administration was propping up the economy. Look at how to economy rebounded and then tanked again. It took a couple years for the economy to fall back into a recession.
The next question would be how did we end up back in another recession. Well the recession was caused by the lending markets. So let’s look at the lending Markets. What caused the markets to lend money to those who could not afford to repay their loans? Well the changes to the lending rule started in the last 90’s. ARM loan’s and Balloon loans became extremely popular in 1998-1999. Who was in office then? I know, I know, a Democrat. Oh wait, it gets better. The SEC starts cracking down on all these organizations and the Lending markets start to tank. Which political party was there making sure companies were being truthful to their investors??? I think it was the republicans. Would someone double check me on that?
Now let’s talk about Enron. They collapse because of lax oversight for over 10 years. The first domino fell around Sept 2000. Later, Enron stated it had misstated it’s earning from 1997 to 2001. Who was leading the country while Enron was perpetrating this fraud against the American People? You guessed right. It was only when a Republican took office that Enron had to pony up the truth. It also doesn’t help that Linda Robertson from the Clinton Administration was a Sr. VP at Enron while this was happening and only when the Republicans took office did the preverbal crap hit the fan.
Now let’s talk about the Iraq war. First, we are there, we have to finish what we started. With that said, I do think we should have done more in Afghanistan before we moved onto Iraq. I also think that that fact that Bush Sr. didn’t finish off Saddam played a small role in the decision to invade Iraq. But I also think that it need to be pointed out that the CIA provided the Intelligence on the WMD”s and the United Nations Atomic commission had generated a report with the same conclusions. Furthermore, even without WMD’s, we are founded on the rights of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Thousands of people were being tortured and killed. Someone had to go in and stop the horror. I would think all you democrats that believe in equality would agree with what we are doing in Iraq. Now, I’m not going to play stupid and say oil doesn’t have anything to do with it. But the need to end the suffering of the Iraqi people is a noble cause and the only reason we really needed to go into Iraq,
So now let’s talk about the democratic approach to society. The need to ensure everyone get’s their fair share of everything. Everyone should be equal. Well that’s crap. If you give people all the necessity then the no longer have a reason to struggle to survive. So all those people who only do enough to get by now will have no reason to even try anymore. Now I’m not saying there should be some changes, but the whole idea of redistributing wealth and providing all the basic services to everyone will be the downfall of this country. Look at Universal healthcare in Canada or France. Both have been colossal failures from a financial perspective and have driven up the cost of healthcare in both countries. Furthermore, the tax rate in those countries has increased. Furthermore, don’t go to the hospital in ether country. You will wait for hours and the care is less than optimal.
The reality is we are not equal and we will never be equal. I work full time and do consulting so I can have the things I need and the things I want. I work for what I have. Why should I be forced to pay for those who choose not to work for what they need and want?
I know, I know, everyone is entitled to basic services. No not really, someone has to pay for it. If you are unwilling to contribute to the pot, you don’t get to eat. And just because I work harder and longer, doesn’t mean I should have to pay more. I should pay less actually. I pay more in taxes than most make and those tax dollars fund programs that I have never and will never use. How is that fair. The same thing I keep hearing for all my democratic friends is the need for equality. Well doesn’t that mean I should only have to pay my share, and they can pay their share? You wouldn’t buy a car and make the payment to find out after the fact that your neighbor get’s to drive it three days a week whether you need it or not. You would probably insist on having your neighbor pay 3/7 of the payment.
I could keep going on for days and I welcome a healthy debate. Please if you think I am misinformed, enlighten me.
The reality is President Bush walked in to a mess created by the democratic President before him. Furthermore, 9/11 may have been avoided if Clinton would have acted in 1998. When you dig deep into the major issues we have seen in the last 8 years, most can be traced back to Bill Clinton.
What does this all mean and what does it have to do with Obama. Obama is 10 times more liberal than Bill Clinton. Do some research on him and you will see for yourself. Don’t just repeat the same old crap we have been hearing on TV for the last year. Those opinions have been beaten to death. Dig deep and find out who you really put into office. I think you will be surprised. You may still support him, but it will still be an eye opening experience. I guarantee it.
I don't even know how to make this matter any better. To just go out and not be "Christlike" AT ALL is appalling within your religion. That is what you are taught in church, and I just can't believe the words coming out from my own family. Why don't we show some tolerance, some acceptance, some compassion to other people. Give this guy a chance. I know I don't see eye to eye with everything you said, and I know it's your blog, but I read yours to keep up on MY FAMILY! Not to snap comments about how wrong people are by believing in what they believe in. To say something so rudely like that, how can someone not take offense, huh?! Really, I'd like to know. You are my own flesh and blood, and to hear something like that when I once did look up to you for how well you treated everyone around you, it just saddens me. Just accept people for who they are! A lot of people mean well, and of course some don't, but just as you stated your opinion, I have mine. I'm sorry Desi, but I am disappointed. Same with you Hannah. I love you both, but to hear what you guys have said, is just that, disappointing.
And to this long poster, since we are now Clinton bashing, I shall point at the positive things that he brought to our country (I'm not saying that he is perfect, because NOBODY is, but this is a few good things he has done for us. Don't let me get started on Bush):
1. Shortly after taking office, Clinton signed the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, which required large employers to allow employees to take unpaid leave for pregnancy or a serious medical condition.
2. The Clinton administration launched the first official White House website on October 21, 1994. It was followed by three more versions, resulting in the final edition launched in 2000. The White House website was part of a wider movement of the Clinton administration toward web-based communication. On July 17, 1996, President Clinton issued Executive Order 13011 – Federal Information Technology, ordering the heads of all federal agencies to fully utilize information technology to make the information of the agency easily accessible to the public.
3. Clinton signed the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 in August 1993, which passed Congress without a Republican vote. It cut taxes for fifteen million low-income families, made tax cuts available to 90% of small businesses, and raised taxes on the wealthiest 1.2% of taxpayers. Additionally, through the implementation of spending restraints, it mandated the budget be balanced over a number of years.
4. In 1997 Senators Ted Kennedy, a Democrat, and Orrin Hatch, a Republican, teamed up with Hillary Rodham Clinton and her staff and succeeded in passing legislation forming the Children's Health Insurance Program, the largest (successful) health care reform in the years of the Clinton Presidency. That same year Hillary Clinton sheparded the Adoption and Safe Families Act through Congress and two years later Rodham Clinton succeeded in helping pass the Foster Care Independence Act. Bill Clinton supported both bills as well, and signed both of them into law.
5. To weaken Saddam Hussein's grip of power, Clinton signed H.R. 4655 into law on October 31, 1998, which instituted a policy of "regime change" against Iraq, though it explicitly stated it did not speak to the use of American military forces.
6. To stop the ethnic cleansing and genocide of Albanians by nationalist Serbians in the former Federal Republic of Yugoslavia's province of Kosovo, Clinton authorized the use of American troops in a NATO bombing campaign against Yugoslavia in 1999, named Operation Allied Force. General Wesley Clark was Supreme Allied Commander of NATO and oversaw the mission. With United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244, the bombing campaign ended on June 10, 1999. The resolution placed Kosovo under UN administration and authorized a peacekeeping force.
7.Clinton became the first president to visit Vietnam since the end of the Vietnam War in November 2000. Clinton remained popular with the public throughout his two terms as President, ending his presidential career with a 65% approval rating, the highest end-of-term approval rating of any President since Dwight D. Eisenhower.[64] Clinton also oversaw a boom of the U.S. economy. Under Clinton, the United States had a projected federal budget surplus for the first time since 1969.
8. Clinton presided over the longest period of peace-time economic expansion in American history, which included a balanced budget and a reported federal surplus. Clinton presided over the longest period of peace-time economic expansion in American history, which included a balanced budget and a reported federal surplus. Based on Congressional accounting rules, at the end of his presidency Clinton reported a surplus of $559 billion.
My point was not to bash Clinton, but to point out that most of the issue that people complain about as it pertains to Bush and Republicans started long before the Republicans took office. Furthermore, I wanted to express concern for the return of said issues with Obama taking office. I agree that Clinton did several good things while in office as all Presidents have.
I guess I wanted to defend the Republican view and provide insight from the other side as to why we feel the way we do about Obama. I apologize for not making my approach more clear.
I have nothing against the republican view at all. I do agree with a lot of what they stand for as well, but to just bash everyone else about what they believe is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but to go about it in such a negative way makes me want to turn the other cheek.
Post a Comment