Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas and Santa


Since the Holidays are upon us I thought I should tell everyone the story that Emily has in her head. So Mike and I thought that we were going to buy her a play kitchen set for Christmas, since she loves the one in nursery. Well lately when we go to Target she always asks to ride the bicycles. We let her the first time cause we thought she would get mad and give up because she couldn't do it, we know this since we thought about buying one for her birthday last year but opted for her slide since she couldn't figure out the pedals, well guess what we were wrong. This one particular day we were at Target with grandma and she cried cause it was time to go. So my mom had the the great idea of telling her she needs to write Santa so he knows what she wants. So now at least once a day we hear about how Santa is going to bring her bike. On Sunday Mike asked her if she wanted Santa to bring her a kitchen set, with enthusiasm in his voice, or a bike. She replied a BIKE!!!! Mike probably asked 3 or 4 times and each time was a bike. So I butted in and asked what she would do if Santa didn't bring her a bike and she told me, "I would cry like this, wwwaaa, and be sad, but that would be okay cause than grandpa Bainbridge would bring it for her. We all had a good laugh.

Also last week we were in the kitchen and it got quiet all of a sudden, then I heard water running. I decided to go and look for Emily and I found her getting a drink. I think I am in for trouble when Mordecai becomes mobile.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

He he he - that is so funny! Emily is so smart - and knows exactly what she wants. That is awesome!

Kim said...

That is such a cute story!! Love the way Emily is getting a drink too!