Friday, July 29, 2011

Candy Factory

For the past 3 years or so I have heard about the Hammond Candy Factory here in Colorado.  I have seen signs but never realized how close it was.  Cherstin and her in laws were header there this morning so we tagged along.  It wasn't a terribly long tour by time wise, but it was long for me because of Mordecai.  Two years ago it was a battle to get him to wear a hair net at the Mayfield Dairy Farm.  Luckily that wasn't a requirement today, but he would have worn it since he loved his hat.  Today the drama was he thought they were going to make him into candy.  After all the screaming, and crying, and frustration on my part I asked him who told him that and he said Daddy.  Mike says he didn't say anything to him about the candy factory, so I have no clue where he got that idea.  Towards the end of the 20 minute tour he let Dan hold him and he calmed down. 


Today was also Ellie's 2nd birthday.  As tradition for Cherstin and Dan's kids we did Chuck E Cheese's.  While we were driving there I told Mordecai that he could NOT go potty in his pants while we were there, and if he did the consequence would be to not play the games. 

Mordecai then asks me, "Does Chuck E Cheese have a bathroom?" 
Me- "yes".
Mordecai- "Will Chuck E take me to the bathroom?" 
Me- "No Mordecai, I will."
Mordecai- A few seconds later, "Does Chuck E  have a penis?" 
Me-"I don't know Mordecai"
Mordecai- "Call Aunt Cherstin, she will know"

I ignored him for about 2 minutes until he was adamant that I call her and ask.  Weird kid.

Cherstin and her family leave tomorrow.  We are sad about that.  It is always nice to have family visit and for those relationships between everyone to grow.

No comments: