Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Carter Visit

Katrina & Neal got in last night around 9:00 p.m.  They have slowly been making the move from Olean, NY to Rexburg, ID over the last week or so.

This morning I headed over to Ryan Elementary to register Emily for school.  I still can't believe it.  She has grown up way too fast for my liking.  I know it sounds cliche, but really I feel like I just had her.  We found out that she has afternoon kindergarten.  I was bummed at first because I wanted her to have morning since I know she is at her best in the morning...but then I got to thinking that this would be a better time because I can drop her off when there isn't chaos going on in the parking lot, and then when it is time to pick her up I can park at Marci's and walk over with her to pick up Addie at the same time I pick up Emily.  We also can still patch her eye in the mornings since I am pretty sure Dr. Nichol's is going to say we need to.  Anyway, we also met her Teacher, Mrs. Hoff, since she was the one telling the students who their teachers are.  She seems like a nice lady and I hope Emily will continue to thrive in her class.

Later this evening we hit the pool.  We were going to do it earlier but Katrina & Neal needed naps, so the kids just played while I made dessert.  Emily and Daniel were so funny.  They really wanted to fly kites, but I kept telling them it wasn't possible because you needed wind.  They must have thought I was crazy because they tried anyway.  They would run and Emily would yell to Daniel to let go of the kite when a "Big Gust of Wind" (a breeze) would come.  It was cute to watch.  I think after a while they gave up to try another adventure.  At the pool Emily showed me that she could actually dive to get dive stick at the bottom of the pool, even though she would usually do this jump and sit thing that made her sink to the bottom and that's the way she would typically get the toy unless it was in a deeper part of the pool.

For dinner we had Stromboli, Cesar salad, and caramel apple bars.  It was a nice evening.  After we put the kids to bed we stayed up late and played Phase 10 Twist and just talked about the kids and the Carters new adventure in life.  They are planning on leaving tomorrow.

1 comment:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

caramel apple bars? email me that recipe!!

Afternoon will also be nice because there is more outdoor/playtime.