The morning started early. I had to go to Wal-Mart before we left because as we were packing the car last night Mike dropped and broke the globe on the lantern, and we needed one of those. Of course while I was there I scored with buying a canopy on the off chance that we needed it.
We got to Fort Collins around 11:20 a.m., but couldn't check into our campsite until noon so we decided to stop at McDonald's for lunch. While I was there I got a phone call from Marci saying they were on the way, but stopping for lunch as well, and to see the future site of the Fort Collins Temple.
We got to our campsite and set up. Boy, is camping with little ones hard. They wanted to help set up everything which translates into looking for parts and pieces that they hauled off somewhere. We were almost set up when the Grip's pulled in. After they got set up we hit the lake and the so-called swim beach. I say 'so-called' because it was very rocky and not a whole lot of sand or beach to play on, and the water that was cleared of rocks to play in was not very big. You could swim out of the sectioned off area but you risked the whole kicking a major rock issue.
Around 5:00 p.m. we headed back to camp for some tin foil dinners and s'more action. It was a very late night and the kids didn't make it to bed until 9:00 p.m. Marci, Corey, Mike and I stayed up a bit for adult time, but Ruby has gotten up multiple times so I am nursing her and then headed to bed.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment