We hit Elitch Gardens today. Boy was it HOT! We got there at 10:00 a.m. and did the carousel while we waited for Cherstin and Dan and their crew to get through the security line. From the carousel we did the Ferris Wheel. Emily and Mordecai have wanted to do that since the carnival we saw with Keith and Kim, but Emily was only the brave one. Mike and Dan took Emily, Abby & Ellie while Cherstin and I sat with the babies, Mordecai, and Emmett. While Cherstin and I were waiting we decided that we were going to hit the water area next since it was so HOT!
The water area was crowded and the water was cold. Since all the chairs were taken Dan and I parked it under the lifeguard's umbrella since we had the little ones. Luckily an old lady saw us on the floor and asked if we wanted their 4 chairs since she was leaving. We hopped on that and had a nice shady prime spot.
After a while we decided it was time for lunch, and dropped a small fortune on food at the food court. Can you believe that you can't take in any food or drink except water?!?! What a rip off.
After lunch we hit the kiddie area so that Mike and Dan could hit some adult rides while Cherstin and I had the kiddos. Mordecai found this train ride and literally rode on it over 12 times in a row with the goofy grin on his face. At times he was the only one on it. He would come off and ask in excitement, "Can I ride it again?" While he rode the train multiple times Cherstin took Abby, Emily & Emmett to ride the roller coaster. I didn't think Emily would go through with it, but she did...and in the front row the first time. She looked a little nervous from where I was sitting, but opted to ride it again except this time in the back. I think she did it because Abby loved it.
Next was this indoor ball area, and after that another ride that was a bunch of 'Big Rigs' going around in a circle. Mordecai loved that of course because it was like the train ride. While Mordecai did the 'Big Rig' ride Emily and Abby headed over to do the bumper cars which Emily absolutely loved, and was pretty good at. We finally coaxed Mordecai over to the airplane ride and then the water boats. All in all I think the kids enjoyed it. It is days like this that helps me understand why Daddy always went overboard on us...it is totally rewarding to watch your kids and enjoy every minute of it with them.
We did McDonald's for dinner and then went home about 8:30 pm.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment