Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Swim Dayz

This morning was a rough start. The kids were driving me crazy with all their whining and complaining. It was a good thing that Emily had swim lessons and that Marci and her kids were going to meet us there.


Emily is getting pretty good at swimming, and for the most part I would say she knows how to swim. It is pretty nerve racking to me to see her just jump in the deep end and swim back to the wall. I have yet to let her jump off the diving board by herself, just because I am more paranoid. I think it is hard for me because it has happened so quickly, like in 6 weeks, and I am not so sure that if something happened in a panic mode she would know exactly what to do or panic herself and forget everything she has learned.

Mordecai has also surprised us this past month too. He has been waking up dry for the last month, and at the pool he has been telling me when he needs to go potty. Well the other day he just came up to the basement and went #2 in the potty all on his own which is amazing considering all the constipation issues we have had with him. He has also been wearing underwear to bed and waking up dry, which is something Emily still has issues with about 20% of the time. Also today at the pool he got in the water and put his face in and blew bubbles, which the past month since the pool has opened and when we have been there he says, "I hate this place, can we go home?"

Cherstin and her family joined us after lunch and we didn't leave to come home until 4:00 pm which seems to be the trend at least once a week. After there we hit Costco so we could pick up some necessities and I found some salt water taffy that for some reasons remind me of camping, which is perfect for our camping trip with the Grip's in about 2 weeks.

Now a funny story that I need to write about Mordecai. Today when Marci got to the pool she was talking to me while she lotioned up her kids. All of a sudden Mordecai pipes up and says, "Hey Marci! Guess what? My mom has green underwear with blue polk-a-dots." Just so you know, they are for my running.

And a scary story about Emily. Today while Emily and Abby were jumping into the deep end and Abby did a flip into the water. I think Emily was thinking she was going to try it or do something as equally cool so she did this jump spin into the water and almost smacked her chin on the side of the pool as she went in. It about scared me half to death. Crazy kiddos!

No comments: