Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Keith and Kim got here Thursday night (6/30/11) to celebrate the 4th of July with us.  It is always fun to have them come because the kids play well, and of course Mike gets his Keith fix. 

Friday morning I headed off to the community college to meet with an advisor about starting back to finish my associates while Mike, Keith, and Kim got the kids ready to head to the pool.  I found out that I really didn't need to go to the school, since I am basically a continuing student, but I did find out that they are changing the associate requirements a teeny bit so I might change from a AGS to an AAS.

The pool was an enjoyable time.  Emily had a ton of fun jumping off the diving board and couldn't wait to practice her swim stuff with Mike or I since there was another adult to help with Mordecai and Ruby.  We had a cooler full of stuff for lunch and snacks and Mordecai even ventured in the water with Mike.  Later that night we headed out mini golfing and the kids couldn't get enough.  Especially Mordecai and Kira.

Saturday Mike and Keith did their annual hike, while Kim and I took the kids shopping to get some craft stuff.  Later that night we headed to Red Robin, which seems to be something we always we do when they come.  Afterwards we tried to hit this Carnival in the mall parking lot, but they wanted $25 for one unlimited bracelet and that would have cost us $100 dollars for us all to go so we nixed that idea and went to play at the dinosaurs in the mall. One funny was when we told the kids we weren't going to be doing the Ferris wheel Emily said, "you guys broke my heart."

Sunday was the usual, except Hannah and her 3 cute boys stopped to stay the night on their way through to Utah.

Monday, also the 4th of July was crazy.  We did the pool in the morning and then played around the house until it was time for dinner.  We BBQ'd these awesome hamburgers, that Cherstin and Dan introduced us, had corn on the cobb, and watermelon.  Then we headed outside to do snaps and smoke balls which are always a hit.  Then it was inside for dessert and then some more outside games.  Finally it got dark enough to do fireworks and it was fun to watch the kids do sparklers, especially Mordecai and Kira who were less afraid than Talisa and Emily.  One by one the kids headed inside to fall asleep until it was Emily and the adults.

I just want to say how grateful I am to all those who serve(d) for us and our Country and I  am grateful for the freedoms my family and I have because of them.  I just hope my kids enjoy the 4th of July and feel the sense of pride I do that was instilled in me by my Father. I love this Country.

Mike and his "Genie in a Bottle"











This is video of Mordecai waving around a hamburger bun on a fork that seemed to make Ruby giggle galore.  Sadly I missed the deep belly giggles that are very rare.

More pictures to come from Kim :-)

No comments: