We didn't do a whole lot today. This morning we headed to Wal-Mart to refill Ruby's medicine and pick up some miscellaneous stuff. From there we hit the pool because Emily had her last swim lesson of the season today. They moved it to 11:30 a.m. because her teacher, Miss Julia, is also in charge of the swim team and they were having a party that lasted until 11:00 a.m. After swim we headed home to hurry and have lunch and clean the kitchen a bit in prep for a Stella and Dot party I was having from 1:00-3:00 p.m. Unfortunately only Marci showed up but it was some fun time visiting with Rachel and her.
This evening Cherstin and I spent out in the back with the kids blowing bubbles. While we were at the store this morning I bought a bubble blower and some bubbles and the kids enjoyed chasing them. We had these Crayola color bubbles that I decided to try and the kids liked them, except when the bubbles popped on them the kids looked like they had measles or were in a war because of all the red dye all over them. Hopefully Cherstin got some pictures because I didn't. I think I need to be better about taking pictures if I am going to try and be better about blogging more regularly.
This evening after the kids had baths we were gathering together for scriptures and family prayer when this conversation started
Emily- "Why do we always have to read the scriptures? I just want to read my Magic Tree House book tonight instead."
Me- "We read the scriptures because it is a law or a commandment. Remember the other day how I told you that if you weren't in your car seat and if I got pulled over by a police officer that I would have to go to jail...? Well, if we don't read the scriptures like the Lord has commanded us to we will go to jail in heaven (Mike pipes in "called spirit prison")."
Mordecai- (Getting teary eyes and trying not to cry) "Then we wont get to be with you anymore because Jesus will take you away for forever."
I just love how tender he is, and how he gets it and understands what we are trying to teach. Also, I totally pulled a Mom and likened an everyday experience to a religious aspect...never thought that would happen.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment