Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Growing Like Weeds

Today the girls had well child visits...well technically just Emily did and Ruby had a weight check, but since we were there and the nurse took her stats Dr. Miller said we could just count it as her well check and come back in 3 weeks at her 1 month well child.  So here are their stats.

Emily:
Weight: 39 pounds-50%
Height: 43 3/8 inches-70%

So far she has been taller than the doctors had thought she would be, but only time will tell.  For about 3 weeks, since I had scheduled her visit, I have been preparing Emily for her 4 shots.  I was so proud of her! She sat up on the table when they gave her the first 2 and she didn't even flinch.  The last 2 shots were a different story.  I only remember that the 3rd shot she cried a little and so I passed off Ruby to my Mom so I could be up there with Emily while they gave her her 4th shot (Chicken Pox vaccine) which was supposed to be the worst.  She cried a little again, but was very brave.  Now we are all set for Kindergarten, which speaking of Mike and I have parents night for her coming up on the 7th of April.  How did my baby girl get so big???

Ruby:
Weight: 6 pounds 7 ounces-20%
Length: 19 3/4 inches- 50%
Head: 13 1/8 inches- 20%

So, not quite back to her birth weight, but Dr. Miller seemed please that she gained 6 ounces in 6 days, or in other words she gained an ounce a day.  She wasn't very jaundice, and no baby acne at all which our kids don't seem to really get anyway...*knocking on wood right now*.  Ruby seems to sleep about 3-4 hours at night and has 2 really good naps during the day with little cat naps here and there.  So far she is pretty calm, and hoping she stays that way.  Ruby has an ultrasound scheduled for Monday the 28th to make sure her kidneys are okay.  Dr. Miller seems to think they are because she has been urinating just fine, but we are glad that he is still checking.  Better safe than sorry.

2 comments:

Kim said...

YAY for healthly girls!! Ruby is so little, wish I could hold her!

Tristen Jones said...

Emily is getting so big! Kindergarten...wow. Ruby is just a cute, small little thing. Glad everything is going well! Hugs!