Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Big "K"

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I have a Kindergartner!?!? What? How did that happen?  I swear I just had her and she was my only baby.  Oh-well, life moves on.  I never thought I would say I was ready for this day to come, but the last couple of weeks before school started we had some attitude issues.  I think she is just growing up and struggling with being her "own" so I chalk it up to that.  I still am however sad that she isn't my little baby anymore.

Monday Emily had her 20 minute assessment with her teacher, Mrs. Hoff, and then school didn't officially start until today.  She got her hair cut Monday evening while Mike attended the "Parents Night", I sent Mike so he would know where her classroom is and who her teacher is.

She looked so grown up this morning!  When I picked her up she just was beaming with excitement.  School is from 8:25am-11:15am.  I drove over to our friend Marci's house and we walked over with them, Addie's in 1st grade and she and Emily are buddies.  It is nice that she lets me do this because the parking lot is crazy...plus I get friend time every morning. Thanks Marc!

Mike's parents got in tonight and the kids are so excited.

3 comments:

Campbell's said...

I love her hair !!

Melody said...

Wow, she does look so grown up. She is beautiful and I LOVE her new glasses.

Tristen Jones said...

She is sooo cute and looks so grown up!