WOW! What a day. We hit the Science Museum that Cherstin and Dan have a season pass to. When we got there the parking lot was crowded because parking was combined with the Zoo. Walking in was so HOT! I am so glad we were inside or I would have died. Back home we have been in the mid 60's, so to come to mid 90's is a big temperature jump.
The Science Museum was fun. They had a space section that Mordecai did not love, but the other kids did. While the older kids checked that out I hauled Mordecai and Ruby downstairs to check out the train exhibit. They had a set of coaches from a passenger train that was used in the early 1900's. I think having my dad being so big into history has helped me enjoy it too. The "old days" intrigue me and I always wonder what it would have been living back then.
Anyway, after we were all done with the 2nd floor activities we hit their "Live Science" show where they blew stuff up. It was fun and exciting for all of us, except Mordecai and Emily who didn't like the loud noises. Being the mean Mom I am, I made them stay in to watch, especially since Abby got picked to be a helper on stage. Afterwards they both said that was there favorite part of the day.
Once we were done with the museum Cherstin and I decided that we needed to have "On the Border" for dinner since they closed the one close to us in Colorado. Dinner was yummy. While we were sitting there though Mike and I heard a noise that sounded like a chair being scooted across the floor. When we turned around we noticed one of the employees on the floor. Apparently he was a diabetic and was having low blood sugar issues that day so he seized. They called for an ambulance and the whole shebang happened. He had to be taken to a hospital once they revived him because he fell on to a concrete floor. Poor guy.
Cherstin's due date is tomorrow. I keep asking her if she is having contractions yet. I think she might be getting tired of it, but I can't wait to meet the little guy.
1 comment:
Desi - you look fantastic!
Post a Comment