Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"2 Ruby's"

I had my 32 week OB appointment this afternoon along with another ultrasound to check out Ruby's kidneys.  While we were watching the screen we were able to see Ruby sucking and her heart beat.  Her heart beat was pretty fast like 167 bpm still.  The ultrasound tech said that it is pretty fast for a baby as far along as she is, and that usually at this stage it is indicative of what her personality will be like when she is out.  I know I have said this before, but this only confirms to me that she is going to be wild like Emily and Mordecai and that their little spirits are already formed.  A little funny while watching the tech do her job.  Mordecai was watching the tech pull up 2 pictures of Ruby side by side for comparison and Mordecai points to the big T.V. screen and says, "Look! Two Ruby's!"

After the ultrasound was my 32 week appointment with Dr. Huynh.  She went over my ultrasound results and said that Ruby's kidneys are still dilated and that they are continuing the pattern of getting bigger because she is getting bigger.  So, unless her kidneys make a drastic jump we will just have ultrasounds scheduled every 4 weeks until she is born just to make sure she is maintaining.  Once she is born Dr. Miller, the kids' pediatrician, will make sure she can urinate.  If she can urinate, which she probably will, they said her kidneys would deflate on their own.  If she can't urinate then they will have to do further exams of ultrasounds on her to make a game plan.  Ruby weighed in at 3 lbs 14 oz, which all the things I have read say she should be a little over 4 pounds now, which would explain why her weight percentile went down from the 20 % to the 15 %.  Dr. Huynh said she isn't concerned about that because when she has delivered babies at 32 weeks that is about the size they generally are, so we are expecting Ruby to make a weight jump sometime between now and when she is born.  I am still banking on her being smaller than Mordecai was though. :)  We also found out that Dr. Huynh will be out of the country the month of February so I will likely have Dr. Spears deliver her since she was the one that delivered Mordecai.  I am still hoping that she will come early since the other two did, but I have this feeling that she is going to be late.  I don't know if it is because of fear for it, or what, but only time will tell.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Well, if nothing else, it's fun that you get to have so many ultrasounds! and that's funny about what Mordecai said :)