Lately when our kids do something particularly funny Mike says, "You need to write that one down on our blog." I have mentioned to him a couple of times that it would be nice if he were to actually write a post himself instead of it always being me. Then, this past week I helped Mom change the background on her blog and that got us talking about how I feel like I need to blog more...maybe not everyday like Cherstin does, wish I could, but more. Then on Mike's cousins wife blog she had this idea of taking a picture of their family once a month and to talk about that moment right then and there. I think that is a great idea since I am always behind the camera and rarely in the picture. So...I have taken this as a hint that I need and should be doing more journaling like the quote says above.
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny. Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." ~ President Gordon B. Hinckley
Today was a busy day. Mike hung my wall collage of pictures in the hallway upstairs, but now that they are up he and I both think it is way too smooshed, so now we need to rearrange them, but that is for another day. We took the kids to the park for some outside time since the weather here has been in the mid 60's the last two days. After the park we came home and got a wonderful phone call from Kristilyn telling us they are pregnant and expecting twins at the end of August. Since they already have a set of twins they should be pros! While Mike was talking on the phone Emily surprised us by writing us a letter. At first I thought she was just pretending to write, since we haven't really worked on writing because the whole eye thing, but then I looked at what she was doing and she was actually writing. She was sounding out the word she wanted to write and then writing it down on paper. The note she wrote said, "Mom I luv yoo. Plese tak me too a specal place. Red Robin." I need to take a picture of it and put it on here. Obviously we need to work on her spelling but nonetheless Mike and I were shocked. Since she wrote that, we took the kids to Red Robin for dinner. Usually we buy a meal for the kids to split since they have bottomless fries, but today since our kids hardly ate anything we got them their own meals. Good thing too since Emily ate a whole piece of chicken, 6 slices of cantaloupe, french fries and a whole glass of chocolate milk. Mordecai was a hearty eater too. He ate a whole corn dog, french fries, and a whole cup of root beer plus when we got home the kids both had a glass of milk and a bedtime snack. I think this is it for now since this is already getting pretty lengthy, but rest assured I will write more soon.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
That's so impressive that Emily wrote that letter! And I love that she wanted to go to Red Robin--smart girl :)
Post a Comment