I only have tomorrow left to take the family picture of us so hopefully I remember. Today was a good day. Sunday's always seem to either drag on or go way to fast, but that didn't seem to be the case today. The morning was smooth, not crazy like they normally are and then during the Sacrament Mordecai decided to take a nap so I actually got to listen to all of the talks. Mike did an awesome job teaching Sunday School, as usual, and then for the third hour we were combined since today was a 5th Sunday. We skipped out of the last hour 15 minutes early to hear Emily give the scripture and prayer in primary. The funny part was this though. Emily didn't want either one of us up in the front to help her read the scripture, John 14:26, so I typed the scripture up so it was bigger for her to see and read. She started out great but then lost her place and I could tell she was embarrassed. Then Emily puts her hand on her forehead and says, "I thought I had this under control." Rachel, the Primary President, tried to help her but I think it frazzled Emily since she doesn't know her all that well. Finally Kristal got up and helped her find her spot and she was able to finish her verse and say the prayer. Afterwards Hannah Ludwig went up and comforted Emily with a hug and I think that made everything better. I think Emily gets the perfectionist side from Mike. Every once in a while I will watch Mike do something for the first time and when it doesn't come easy to him he gets frustrated or even angry. I don't think he realized he or she is that way until watching Emily, and then the Bishops wife sitting next to us asked, "Is she always that hard on herself?" It was funny, but sad to me to watch her feel embarrassed. Mike and I on the way home had to remind her of how smart she really is.
Tonight we had the Elders over for dinner. We have had some good missionaries lately, it is just getting harder for me to realize how old I am. When we were first married and had them over I was their age or just a little older, but now I look at them and think, "Wow! They look really young or seem really young." I wonder how it makes Mike feel.?. LOL!
Bedtime was a breeze tonight too. I put Mordecai in his bed and told him I would be back to read him books after I went to the bathroom. When I came back he was out, and Mike said something similar happened with Emily. I just love when days like this happen, especially when it is a Sunday.
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment