Sunday, January 25, 2009

Throw Up

*NOTE* Those of you with weak stomachs should not read this post.

*Double NOTE* I am so glad we own a steam cleaner, and those of you with kids who don't have one yet, you should get one.

This weekend was the longest ever!!! I should be excited because that means I get to have a long weekend with Mike, and I did, but we didn't do anything fun. Beginning Thursday night Mordecai threw up all down Mikes back and all over the Family room floor, so we were up late steam cleaning carpets. Friday night Emily ate well, which isn't unusual for those who know her. The girl loves fruits and veggies, and no I am not complaining. I put Mordecai down, I am starting a routine with him in hopes he will learn to sleep better *HA*, and Emily played with Mike for a bit in the basement with her train table. She went down about 8:00. Mike and I sat down on the couch in hopes to watch something we DVR'd but didn't work out cause I was falling asleep. I think the lack of sleep is finally catching up to me. So about 9:00 Mike nudges me and says lets go to bed. So I am in bed and asleep by 9:15, I wasn't asleep long when I heard the kids bathrooms tub turn on and Emily whimpering. I went to see what was going on and was blasted with a whiff of vomit. Apparently Emily threw up all of her dinner and the whole package of blueberries she ate for dinner. Her bed was covered including her pillow and soft blanket. Mike being such a sweetheart was trying to take care of her and let me sleep. So I rinsed Emily off, TWICE, washed her hair, TWICE, and got her in some clean pajamas while Mike took care of the bedding, room, and clothes. I sat on the couch with Emily while we watched a movie, "David & Goliath", and spurts of her throwing up. Unfortunately her pillow didn't survive the stain of blueberries, but everything else did. Around 11:30 Mordecai decides to wake up, as usual, and stay awake since he can hear all the commotion happening downstairs. Emily fell asleep about 1:00 in the morning on the family room floor, and after she had been asleep for a half an hour with out vomiting Mike carried her up to our room so he and I could go to sleep. Emily got up once after everyone was asleep,but slept the rest of the night. Saturday we spent deep cleaning the house, and doing errands. Man I just love a spic and span house!! This morning was long as usual since I have to get myself and 2 kids ready and out the door by 8:30 for church, I can't imagine how I will feel when we finally add more to the mix, not to mention that I couldn't get Emily out of bed until 8:00, and then when I finally did she kept telling me she had to throw up again and that she wanted milk, great combo huh? So after I got her dressed we went downstairs for quick breakfast and milk for her. I put a bib on her even though she hasn't needed one for a while, and I am so glad I did. She nixed the cereal and downed 2 glasses of milk and then threw up all over the table since she had nothing else in her stomach. Gosh!!!! Writing about this makes me frustrated all over again. We made it to Church on time with a bowl in the backseat just in case I was wrong about it just being milk on an empty stomach, which turns out I was right since she was back to her normal self when I picked her up from nursery. I think I done writing for tonight. Goodnight!

1 comment:

blondeviolin said...

Ack.  Yuck.  That's horrid.  And I agree with the sentiments about the steam cleaner.  We're so glad we own one.