Friday, January 2, 2009

The Last Week

I need to back up a couple of days and tell you all about our night out at Red Robin. So Saturday night we decided that we would go out to eat for dinner since we had all the hustle and bustle of Christmas. Well we almost always go to Red Robin because of their fries, so on the way there we kept asking Emily what she wanted for dinner and she said "a hangerber." So when we got there I asked her again what she wanted, knowing that she usually picks the pizza or chicken nuggets, well she picked the "hangerber" again, so we ordered it for her. Well once the food got to our table we were shocked that she picked it up to eat it. She fought with Mike about the paper they wrap around the bottom half of the bun because Mike wanted her to keep it on to keep her hands clean and she didn't want it on. After eating all of her "hangerber" and fries we thought she was stuffed. Well at the end of our meals Mordecai decided to vomit up all the fries he ate and I as usual caught it in my hand. He did this 3 times because of his wonderful gag reflex, it is amazing the things we do for our kids, so I decided to dump it in the empty trays and go to the bathroom to wash my hands. Since Emily is potty trained now, and we were leaving I asked her if she needed to go, she said yes so we went. While we were in there Emily didn't lean forward enough to keep the spray in the toilet, so needless to say I caught her urine so it wouldn't get all over her clothes or mine. So I guess you could say that that was a night of catching bodily fluids for me. After dinner we went to Target and as soon as we got home Emily told us she was hungry again, and that she wanted a snack. Amazing! She must be growing.Monday - we had such wonderful weather that Felicia and I packed the kids up and went to Jack 'n the Box. Yummy!! Afterwards we came home and played in the park with kids. Mordecai and Emily were so great that day. I just love days like we had.

New Years Eve - We had some friends over to have dinner and play some games. One of the hits was the game that mom and dad gave us called "Would you rather...?" We had a blast with the Ludwigs, Wittes and Aunt Felicia

This is Felicia playing the game with a spoon in her mouth. Love Ya!

Mike and I with "the Bridge" I just won a challenge!!!

The dads watching Toy Story 2 with the kids while the wives chatted.

Lucas, Emily, & Hannah

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You get the super-mom badge for the day! Wow - we truly do do the most amazing things for our kids. So I love Would You Rather! We need to get together to play sometime. And congrats on Emily's potty training!

Kim said...

Love the stories Des!! I had to laugh because I just put this background on my stamp blog...that I don't really touch anymore!!