Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snowman...Finally

Yeah!!!! The news is in and Mike got a very good, 10%, raise and promotion again this year. We weren't expecting it but we were, it is along story.

Now time for the picture of this post. For the longest time Emily has been talking about building a snowman. I of course keep putting it off because I don't want to go out where it is cold, and I keep telling her that Daddy will build one with her...but by the time he gets home from work it is to dark and by the time the weekend comes there isn't enough or any snow left to do anything with. So yesterday while Mordecai was taking a nap she and I took a walk to the mail box and got the mail. When we got back she asked if she could "shovel" the snow in the backyard with her plastic hoe, and shovel. I told her yes but that she had to have her coat, hat, and gloves on. I left the back door open and I kept peeking out to make sure she was safe. She kept knocking on the door and telling me that she was "shoveling" and having fun, then she said she was going to build a snowman. I felt a tug at my heart telling me that she needed a little bit one on one time and so I decided that I was going to go out and build a snowman with her. She was so excited and so once I got my snow boots and coat on we started. She kept running around picking up snow and patting it on the snowman, and saying, "there now it's perfect, isn't it mommy?" After we finished we came inside for a snack and then we e-mailed the picture to daddy at work so he could see it too. We made sure we built him in the shade so he wouldn't melt to soon, and this morning she came downstairs for breakfast and looked out the dinning room window to see if he was still there, boy was she excited cause he was. I don't have the heart to tell her that he melted a little today and that his nose and eyes fell off.

Mordecai has been sleeping better. He only got up once after we went to bed, and I shouldn't complain because the first time we put him to bed he will lay down and go right to sleep. He doesn't need to nurse, or have a bottle. This weekend if we are feeling up to it we are going to make him cry it out once he wakes up, so that means Mike, Emily, and I are going to have a camp out in the basement since our little one doesn't give up easily. Oh- I almost forgot. Mordecai said his first real word yesterday. He says uh-oh when he drops something or throws something. He has been saying "dad" but not constantly, and I think he says it on purpose cause its when Mike walks into the room, or leaves the room. I can't be sure like I am about uh-oh or sure like I was when it was Emily but I think so.

I have a follow up urology appointment tomorrow to see what my 24 hour urine collection and stone analysis say, and after that it is laundry day. Yeah!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is great that he's sleeping better! T's snowman is almost gone. You should have seen her when "his head fall off!"