Friday, January 16, 2009

Blessings and Sadness

I haven't posted in a while, probably cause I feel like we have nothing to share,but I know that's not the case. So thinking back I on the last week and a half I have a story to share about the blessings you receive from paying your tithing and fast offerings. So everyone should first know that when we purchase big items we put them on our discover card and then when we get the bill we pay it off completely, we do this for the cash back. Well so I paid our discover bill of $3233.93 on December 8 like it was due. We then received a bill for $3337.04 due on January 8th. I paid it on Discovers web site on time. So a couple of days later I was going out with some friends so I decided to check the checking account and see how much cash we had. Well, I was completely shocked when I checked cause the money I allotted for the discover card wasn't taken out. I then called discover and talked with an operator. I told them that I had tried to pay my bill on their website, but it didn't get paid, so I wanted to pay it. The operator asked how much I wanted to pay and I said the bill amount of $3337.04. He then told me that we didn't owe that amount, and that all he could see was a $1000.00, give or take some cash, due on February 8th. I literally argued with him, politely though, telling him that we owed more than that amount. He said no so I finally hung up. I went and got Mike and told him what was happening. He checked discovers website, and he couldn't figure it out either. To make a long story short we don't and didn't have to pay. Mike said he wished we would of purchased more stuff for the home!!!! Really though the only thing we can think of was that the Lord blessed us cause he knew we had medical bills coming. So with that said I am eternally grateful.

Yesterday we got some exciting, but expecting phone call that Wanda and Robert (my oldest sister and brother in-law) are expecting baby # 9 on September 20th. We are now expecting 4 new nieces and nephews this year. Keith & Kim's, Phil & Hannah's, Cherstin & Dan's, and Robert & Wanda's. My dad called me early in the morning to find out when we are due so he can pencil us in too. I had to laugh. Mordecai is only 10 months, so I told him we probably wont have an announcement until the beginning of the summer at the earliest. I also got some sad/bad news yesterday as well. My friends Janine from down the street from our old house called to tell me that her son, Michael that is 2 1/2, was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor on his right kidney on Tuesday this past week. They operated Thursday morning and removed the tumor which was the size of an orange and his kidney. They also left a port hole for chemo during the surgery. I have been so sick for them so I called the Albuquerque Temple and put their names on the prayer roll. I have talked to her a little about church these last 2 years, so we offered a blessing. I didn't think they would accept but I got a call from her this morning saying they would love it if Mike would do that for them so that is scheduled for Sunday afternoon. I will post more as I know.

This morning I went shopping for me and the kids. Old Navy had an additional 50% off their clearance clothes so we found some great deals. I also need to post that I can finally french braid Emily's hair. So here are some pictures.

2 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Wow! I will keep you friend in my prayers too! I love Emily's hair! Makes me want to come over so you can do mine like you used too! :)

Kim said...

Love Emily's hair!! I bet you are so excited!