Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

Thursday night or early Friday morning, whichever you want to call 3:30 in the morning, I woke up to Emily standing at the side of my bed telling me she felt sick.  I told her to climb in to the bed thinking that this was just her excuse for wanting to be in my room.  After she was in our bed for about 20 minutes and rolling around during that time I told her that if she needed to throw up, to sit up and throw up over me or Mike so it wouldn't be all over our bed.  I know it sounds gross, but steam cleaning the floor would at least be easier than stripping a bed.  Well, after I told her that I kid you not 10 minutes later I hear her throwing up...on Mike.  Mike and I both hopped out of bed and helped Emily.  I cleaned her up and changed her while Mike cleaned himself up and stripped the bed....I know I know still had to do the bed.  Anyway, after I cleaned Emily up Ruby woke up so I had to nurse her and put her back to bed.  Mike made a bed for Emily on our floor and he was such a good Daddy and hopped out of bed 3 more times that night/morning until it was time to get up.  Mordecai seemed fine Friday day.  He watched cartoons, had lunch, helped me do the 10 plus loads of laundry and then took a nap.  Emily on the other hand slept all day on an air mattress in the family room with bouts of throw up here and there. 

Finally Mike got home at 5:15 and I told him about my day.  He being a great Daddy/Husband went to pick up Carl's Jr. for dinner since there was no way I was making dinner.  Mind you this was after me telling him I didn't think Mordecai was going to get sick because he was acting fine all day.  I was wrong, because Mike wasn't even gone 5 minutes when I hear Mordecai do this deep sounding burp that he does just before he throws up, I have lots of experience with Mordecai's sounds because of his lovely gag reflex, and launches all over the couch and himself multiple times.  I am steam cleaning up from Mordecai when Mike gets back and asks if Mordecai was sick?  Uh? Are you kidding me??  Well, thinking back I guess he had the right to ask since Mordecai looked and acted okay until that night.  Later that night he would say, "I'm sick!"  Then he would do a courtesy cough and then that deep burp and then throw up in the bowl.  Mike and i didn't know if he was just making himself throw up or if he was really sick or not.

Later that night Mike and I decided we would all just camp out in the family room, that way we didn't have to run from room to room in the middle of the night.  We decided to watch "Tron" and boy that was the longest movie ever.  I think it took us 3 hours to watch it.  Emily last threw up at about 7:00 that night.  Poor girl she had the worst of it.  Mordecai seemed to get it out of his system in a matter of 4-5 hours.  I think it was because he kept asking for Sprite or water that helped aid it in coming up easier, as opposed to Emily who dry heaved for a good 6 hours. 

The next morning Mike and I did a major disinfecting of the house since my parents were coming in that night and never mind the fact that he nor I wanted to get the sickness.  I was pretty sure I was going to get it since I was dealing with it all day, but luckily enough we didn't get it. 

Today Emily and Mordecai slept a good portion of the day.  We also took our comforter to a Laundromat so we could clean it (because it is a king size), and then came home and dyed eggs for Easter.  Poor kids, it is never fun to watch them be so miserable.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I'm so sorry Emily and Mordecai were so sick. Your story of how many times they threw up made me so sad. I forget how awful pucking for so long makes you feel. I hope they are better and stay better for a while. And I'm glad you and Mike didn't get it.