Friday, April 15, 2011

2 Month Visit

I took Ruby to Dr. Miller for her 2 month well baby check today. She continues to be our runt of the family, even though she weighed more than Emily at birth. Just as Dr. Miller came in I finished nursing Ruby and she started to spit up a ton but no fussing. Dr. Miller took one look at her and said, "Wow! You really are a reflux baby." (Dr. Jordan was the pediatrician we saw for the reflux medicine prescription). Him saying that made me feel like he agreed with my thoughts about her needing the Prevacid especially since he is our regular Doctor. Her check-up went well and he commented on how well her head control is for just being a 2 month old. I didn't tell him it is all due to her sleeping on her tummy, because since she has reflux issues I don't want to put her on her tummy for tummy time just to have her spit up everything in her tummy. Plus I have also read that some babies who have reflux should sleep on their stomachs to ease the burning. Anyway back to the appointment.  She got 3 shots and one oral vaccine. She wasn't happy about the shots, but Mordecai was so glad it was her and not him this time. The past two nights she has been sleeping 6 hour stretches at night, which is awesome. Now only if we could get Mordecai to quit talking so loudly in his sleep. :-)

Stats:
Weight: 9 lbs 7 oz.- 30%
Length: 22 1/4 inches - 50%
Head: 14 1/2 inches - 20 %

1 comment:

Tristen Jones said...

I hope her reflux gets better. She is a cutie!