Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving & Reunion Day 4

Mordecai must be growing or something, because he didn't wake up at all last night. He slept from 6-7pm and then this morning after checking out of our cabins he fell asleep at the Wild West water park from 11:30 to about 12:45.  Emily had a blast with Mike and the kids even though I didn't do any swimming because I had a sleeping child on my lap.  There were these 2 slides that she loved, Robert has pictures so I hope to upload those, and then a tube slide she did with Mike.

After we left the Dells Grandpa treated us to McDonalds for lunch.  As we pulled up and Mordecai saw that it had a play place he said, "This is going to be so fun."  As the last 3 days weren't, weirdo kid.  As we drove the hour back to Wanda and Roberts Emily and Mordecai were singing Christmas songs and looking at all the cows and I just thought, "This is what really makes me happy!"  It was one of those moments where everything felt right.  Well I thought too soon, we stopped at a local grocery store to pick up the last of our contribution for Thanksgiving dinner and as I lifted the back hatch to put the groceries in our back window just shattered.  I burst out into tears because I am pregnant hormonal, and I just kept thinking it was all my fault.  I called a local dealer because we needed to get it fixed as soon as possible, but also knew that it was closing time and that we probably weren't going to get any help.  We got to Wanda and Roberts where Mike, with the help of Robert and Wanda, found a place that could fix it on Friday.  We also weren't expecting our insurance to cover it so that was stressing me out a bit, but lucky for us we have glass coverage on our insurance policy that we added 3 years ago that we were just talking about getting rid of last week.  Good thing we didn't cause with insurance we just have to pay a $100 deductible as opposed to $1100 out of pocket.  Man we were blessed.

No comments: