The kids had a blast staying at the hotel last night, which so happened to be the same one the kids and I stayed at with my Mom when we traveled out this past Easter. We got to use the indoor pool, which Emily was so excited about, and had their complimentary breakfast of waffles that Mordecai loved. We hit the road about 8:00 and I drove since Mike drove the bulk of it yesterday. We stopped for lunch in Dubuque, Iowa, and then only had 2 more hours until the Dells. On the road for the past 2 days we have seen so many dead deer. The funniest thing was seeing 2 dead deer strapped to the top of a mini van. Later on down the road Mike and I spotted one in the back of someones SUV. It is so odd to us "city folk".

We finally made it to the Dells about 2:00. We quickly changed into our suits and called for a shuttle to take us down to one of the 3 water parks. Emily loved the water, as usual, but Mordecai not so much. He was clingy and kept complaining about wanting to go home. I don't know if it is because there is so many new people or if he is just tired from being in the car for the last two days. After about two hours of swimming we headed back the the cabins for a dinner of beef enchiladas. When the kids and I visited at Easter time Grandpa had a "Cookie Fest" which is basically him doping the kids up on sugar and then letting the parents take care of the mess and hyperness. You know, Grandpa rights. So with tradition he wanted to do it again, except this time it was about double the amount at Easter time, which was about 20 different typed of cookies/goodies. The kids sure loved it though.
After the kids were finally in bed the guys hit the water park for some guy time. They did this one ride that was called the "Hurricane" and had a limit of 650 lbs. Mike said it was pretty scary because it was basically a half pipe on a raft and that it felt like they were going to fall out.
I am so glad to be done in the car for the next 3 days, and I bet the kids and Mike are too.
1 comment:
Seriously? People strap the animals on their car? It isn't hunting season so where are they getting them? Hit em with the car and take em home for dinner!
Post a Comment