Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Moving to Alaska

So I need to write these stories down before I forget them. Yesterday started out pretty good. The AMC here has $1 movies at the 10 am showing. Granted they are older movies, but the kids love them. They also love the fact that they get a kid concession, which is half price. It comes with a kid size popcorn, drink, and a fruit snack. Anyway, we went and the kids were great. Afterwards we hit Target for some much needed things, and then home for lunch. After lunch I decided that I needed to clean up the house a bit so I started with the main level bathroom. From there I headed upstairs to clean the other bathrooms. While I was up there I heard the kids, downstairs, running the water in the bathroom. I yelled down the stairs to them, to get out of the bathroom. I figured that Emily was washing her hands or getting a drink or something. A minute later Emily is upstairs with me, in her bathroom and naked from the waist down, trying to get her bath toys out of the bathroom. Immediately I knew something bad was happening, but decided that I needed to finish scrubbing their toilet. As I was walking down the stairs I hear Mordecai crying, and saying he is cold. When I got into the bathroom Mordecai was sitting on the sink with his clothes soaked, and water filled to the brim of the sink. There was water all over the rugs, toilet and counter, and it was spilling under the sink because the water couldn't drain fast enough. Needless to say I was furious because I had just cleaned that bathroom. I took them out of the bathroom and while I was cleaning it up they both went upstairs to the guest room. While in the guest room Mordecai pulled a plant off the shelf so their was soil everywhere, and Emily dumped a whole can of Gerber fruit puffs all over the bed. That was when I started yelling. I had had it. Mike got home about a half an hour later. When he got home he talked to the kids about why they had been acting up, and that when you are bad you don't get special privileges like they had that morning. Emily, knowing she had done something bad said, "I am just going to pack my things and move to Alaska and find other parents." I told her that nobody would want to be her parents if she acted this way with them. She then started to cry and told us that she didn't want to move to Alaska. It was funny, but so sad. We of course told her that we didn't want her to move to Alaska, and that we would be sad if she left because we love her. Mike and I don't know where she comes up with these things!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Their humor sure helps out on a bad day! Glad she isn't moving. Hope you're having a better day!! (love the new header pic!)

Melody said...

Thanks for recording these funny stories. Brandon and I love them.