Wednesday, June 30, 2010

First Comes Love

Monday, the kids and I met up with some friends for lunch. One friend (Mandie) has a son that is 6. Emily thinks he is just the coolest, and always wants to hang out with him. As we were leaving she wanted to give Hayden a hug good-bye, but Hayden being in this stage where girls are gross didn't want to. Well, today as the kids and I were heading out to meet a friend for lunch Emily expressed her concern about how Hayden doesn't like her anymore. I told her that Hayden is just in this stage where girls are icky, and that he will grow out of it. Emily responded with, "NO, Mom! When I was helping Johnathon's (Badal) family move Hayden told me he didn't like me anymore, because he met this new girl named Jonnie and he fell in love with her. Now I don't know who I am going to marry, cause Hayden was the only boy I liked." All I could do was laugh. Where does my child get this stuff from? So I called Mike to tell her what she said, and while I am relaying to him the conversation to him I hear her call me a "Traitor". This girl is funny! We better watch out for when she is a teenager. :-)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man, that is too awesome! I'd be scared for her teenager years, too--it seems like she's already there!

Rachel Ann said...

Tell her she can marry Jacob. :) That would be awesome to have you guys for in-laws!! She is only a few months older than him.

Julie said...

What a funny girl! Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

Desi - your family picture at the top of your blog is so cute! K - Emily is seriously hilarious. I love reading about all the funny things she says. :)

-Wendy

Jason said...

That is hilarious. Where do kids learn this stuff? I also like the picture at the top of the blog. It will be fun to see you guys again in a couple of weeks.