We made it Des Moines, Iowa, when we decided to stop for the night. It was only 4 hours from Robert and Wanda's, but mom was feeling sick after we had McDonald's for dinner and the kids were tired. We stayed at a La Quinta inn and suites. Emily and Mordecai slept very well. In fact Mordecai was out within a minute of laying his head on a pillow. We got up early and made the hotel breakfast and then hit the road. We arrived at Wanda and Roberts about 1:00 pm. It was so fun to see everyone that was there. About 4:00 pm we all jumped into our cars and head to Rocky Rococo's Pizza. It was like a Chuck-E-Cheese but better pizza. There wasn't nearly as many games to play though. Since there was so many of us (24) they put us in the theater room to eat. It was fun to sit and have the kids watch old, old, cartoons while they ate. It kept it a little quieter.
Saturday was a day full of fun too. The kids and I stayed at Phil and Hannah's, so we took them out for breakfast, and then headed over to Robert and Wanda's afterwards. The kids played while the adults watched/listened to General Conference. Wanda went and picked Robert during the afternoon session, while Hannah, Carlie and I went to Target to get gifts for the kids' Easter baskets. (Can't have a day where I don't hit Target). Later that night the kids dyed their Easter eggs, but we had to do it in sessions since there was 18 dozen eggs. I obviously didn't handle it very well, since I am a control freak. Hence the picture of Mordecai without his shirt on. He kept getting dye all over his clothes, but he sure did love it!
Emily and Mordecai's baskets

Had to get Robert posing in this one :)
The kids coming up from the basement. They were all banished down there until we were ready for them.
After getting to their baskets.

Joey and sweet Reah.

Finding all the treats inside.
Finding all the treats inside.
Adam.
After finding their eggs I went to double check to make sure they were all 12 real eggs and not some fake ones. This is what I found.
Mordecai's dozen eggs (all boy colors)

Emily's dozen eggs (all girly colors)
3 comments:
Whew! What a trip! It looks like you had a great time!
You are way more brave than me! The thought of taking two kids on a road trip sounds terrifying, and you did it without Mike! AHHH!!! I'm very impressed :)
That's a lot of Easter baskets.....18 dozen eggs is a lot! Glad you were able to visit family!
Post a Comment