So there has been a lot going on to day in the home project department. First, the railing in the front yard. It has bugged me ever since we moved into this house that there is this nice size patio in the front of the house, BUT you can't use it because the dumb builders of the house put a railing in the center of it almost. So at the end of the summer last year I asked Mike about ripping it out, he said we probably could do that. So early this morning we did just that and ripped it out. I think it looks so much better and spacious. Mike and I plan on buying to small cafe size chairs and a table, so that when the kids are in bed we can enjoy being outside in the cool summer evenings/nights.
Before:

After:

Next, the basement stairwell. Almost a year ago I sanded down the blue stairs and painted them a brown/tan color. Today we painted the walls. I have decided you really can't tell from the pictures, but I posted them anyway. We just need to paint the ceiling white, and replace the door to a white six panel door and we will be all set.
Before :

After :
4 comments:
I am so happy you put a railing up. Ever since I broke my foot going down my stairs, it always freaks me out to go down stairs without rails. So thanks for accomindating me.
LOL !!
I didn't think Mike did anything on Saturdays "Mike's Day"
Lookin good!
I always hated the railing in the front of the house. I could never convince Robert that it would be nice to have it gone with a couple of chairs in front. I keep suggesting it for this house too. He just can't picture it.
Post a Comment