Today Emily was the reverence child and she did a great job! It all started last week when we got to church (after a long battle in the morning of not listening) and Mike pointed out the reverence children and that she needed to be like them. So, after primary she went and asked Sister Weiss if she could be a reverence child, and so she was.
This morning while Mike and I were getting ready for church the kids got into the strawberry milk powder and spilled or dumped it all over the floor, and I was thinking, 'great it is going to be another one of those days again'. So we quickly had another discussion about listening then explained what reverence children are supposed to do. We told her they are suppose to stand quietly, fold their arms, and not move, and when the member of the Bishopric excuses them they go back to their seat. She got the folding the arms part right, but would slide back and forth to the organ music that was being played. We also noticed her wave to a friend that was in the pew in front of her. When the Bishop excused them she waved at the friend again (Jack Reed) and then a couple more friends along the way (Courtney Merrill, Sam Weiss). What can we say, she is very social. She did an awesome job and as her Mom I had a sense of pride...for what I have no idea, but I did.
15+ Fresh Peach Recipes
1 week ago
2 comments:
She was so darn cute up there. :) Love it.
I would have to say that moving in your chair in rhythm to the organ music is still being reverent. Wish I could have seen her up there doing such a great job. Be proud mom.
Post a Comment