Sunday, January 31, 2010

From a childs mouth

I need to write down some of the funny things our kids have been doing and saying.

So tonight Mike took Emily with him to do his home teaching. Before they left we were sitting down as a family watching the 'Living Scriptures' DVD of "David and Goliath". As they were getting ready to leave Mike said to Emily, "Maybe you could give the home teaching message to the Tin family on David and Goliath." Emily responded with, "Wow! That sounds like a big job Dad, I don't know if I could do that." It was funny though. She has also been saying the prayers a lot lately. In every prayer she blesses the Tin family, the Portner family (Mike's home teaching families), our family and then some individual friends names. I almost forgot that she always starts off her prayers with, "We are thankful for this beautiful day/or the wonderful world around us." One last thing. The other day we had some friends over (Burton Family) and after they left I was folding some laundry with Emily and out of nowhere she said, "When I turn 18 I want to marry Hayden." I told her that I would have to talk to Mandy (the mom). It is so funny with her everyday.

Now for Mordecai. He makes the funniest faces, and is so expressive with his eyes. He has lately been saying a ton of phrases, but the one most frequently used it, "See that?" He will throw a ball or do something and say, "See that?" over and over again until you respond to him. He has also picked up asking for things when someone has something he wants. Like the other day Emily picked up his ball he was playing with and he walked over to her and with his hands in the 'give me motion' asked her, "Please hab it?" He will continue asking until he is sidetracked or gets what he is asking for. He is very smart with his words, and you can tell he understands what you are saying. He follows directions very well, and is already starting to test us on our family rules. He is such a mommas boy still.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

It is a little funny that while I was reading this I was listening to "Say what you need to say, say what you need to say".

Your kids are too dang cute! I can't wait to see them again.