Saturday, October 10, 2009

Snow=Shopping



This morning we were rudely awaken by Emily running into our room at 7:30, the only time that has happened in a long long time, yelling, "Mom, Dad, get up it is snowing outside and I want to go make a snowman and a snow angel." Well we had to burst her bubble to tell her there wasn't enough snow to do either of those, but that we could go buy snow boots, snow pants and a coat for Mordecai when it did snow enough, cause we knew he would want to be out there with her. Mike had to go help someone move so the kids and I hit Target to get the gear. We ended up having to buy all new gear for Emily since all the stuff we bought her last year was 3T. I also bought a bench for people to sit on while they take their shoes on and off, since we are going to start implementing that rule in our house in preparation for our floors to be sanded. So I need a little bit of help on where to place it. I would ideally like a corner bench to put by the stairs, but those are way to expensive and this I couldn't pass up for $60 bucks. So take a look and let me know where you think it should go. My mom and I have the same opinion, but I wont write so it wont persuade you to write what I think.

Place #1

Place #2

Place #3
This evening we went and did our Christmas shopping for the kids. Mike and I like to have shopping done before Thanksgiving, so we don't have to worry about crowds or finding something that our kids will like. So I am in a happy place.

9 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

I like #1.... and I can't believe it is snowing there already!! We have only been gone 2 months! Mike is no nice to always help people with their move!!!

Tiff Keetch said...

I like it in the first picture as well. It looks like it was made to go there.

Lisa said...

I'm going to vote place #1, too. Although, really, they'd all work :)

Jonathan really REALLY wanted to play in the snow today, too. But I didn't. I've got the stuff, though, so hopefully I'll be a better mom soon and take him out there :)

The Halls said...

I like #2, but it depends on how much of a walkway it leaves between the closet and the hallway... :)

blondeviolin said...

I like 3, but Dan says 2. I'll tell you why I say 3 later...lol

Rachel said...

I like number 2

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I like 2 so you could hang hooks for hats and stuff over it and make it really seem like a take off your stuff area. The way by the banister (1) just looks like you threw it there...that is just my thought. :)

Kim said...

#2

halatok0ua said...

If you do options 2 or 3, you need something above it to compensate for all the white space. A mirror? a rack with hooks?