Saturday, October 17, 2009

Corn Maze & Friends









This morning I got a phone call about 7:00 from Jerry Barber saying that Kelly's water broke and was asking if he could drop Regan off in about 45 minutes. I told him no, and that I was on my way to pick her up. As I was headed over there I though I had the idea that I would drop their son, Josh off at the Weiss' where he was going to be staying so Jerry and Kelly could drive together. After returning home Mike and I packed the kids in the car to meet Kristal and Matt at the corn maze. After a while of searching for pumpkins, they all had mushy spots from the early frost, Kristal and I decided that we were going to do the corn maze. We took Emily and Regan with us while Mike and Matt stayed with Lane and Mordecai. Even with the map, and Kristal's GPS on her iphone we were still unsuccessful and finding our way out of the maze, so Kristal and I did like we do, and cheated. For a late lunch we hit Ci Ci's with the kids, who can beat a lunch where the kids are all free.

Once home we awaited a phone call about Regan's baby brother, but didn't get a phone call until later that night asking if Regan could stay the night since there was no baby yet. After the kids were in bed we got a phone call about 8:30 saying after 14 hours of labor their baby made its debut.

It was a fun, eventful day, and quiet the experience with 3 kids.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

You guys should come here next fall to pick out pumpkins! We have an awesome pumpkin patch close by.