Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sledding

This past Wednesday we went out and purchased some sleds so that the kids and I could go sledding, well at least Emily and I. This morning was perfect cause it was warming up, but we still had a ton of snow from the storm that we had earlier in the week. It is also perfect cause just across the street in the greenbelt, behind Don and Angela's fence is a little hill so we didn't have to go far from home. So I bundled Emily up in her snow gear and me in my boots and jacket and we hit the "hill". Emily loved it, and Mordecai and Mike stayed in the house cause they both hate the snow and cold.

These were taken from the bathroom window on our first floor.Later I enticed them out to take pictures and videos of us, and they both eventually took turns sledding.

After sledding for about an hour Emily and I made snow angels, well we attempted to since the snow was so packed, first we started in the shallow snow and no success for Emily, the we went deeper and she just sank.
Once we were done with snow angels I took Mordecai inside to make hot chocolate, while Mike and Emily stayed outside and built our snowmen family. I would of stayed outside with them, but all I had on was a pair of lounge pants and they are not anything like snow pants, so I was cold.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm impressed by your snowmen! I'm terrible at making those things.

Kim said...

Looks like a lot of fun...and cold. Love the fact that you have four snowmen!