Friday, August 21, 2009

Pedicures and Georgia Zoo

We got into Georgia last night. Such a long drive for us! It is usually a 6 or 7 hour drive but with kids it took us a little longer. We stopped in Atlanta for lunch at a Sweet Tomatoes for lunch, which was a greatly needed break for the kids to get out and walk around. As we were pulling in for lunch we stopped at Target so I could buy some Miralax for Mordecai cause he has been having constipation issues. After lunch we finished the 2 hour drive to Albany, which is where Grandma Bainbridge lives. We checked in to the hotel about 6:00 pm, and then piled back into the car to meet Grandma, Blair and Marsha for dinner at Golden Corral. I think it might have been a little rambunctious for her and Blair and Marsha. Oh-well.

Today we were going to take a 3 hour drive down to the beach in Florida but that didn't happen. Last night at dinner Marsha asked if we were still going to take Grandma to get a pedicure and then Grandma asked what time. Knowing that time with Grandma still being around is an unknown we decided to spend some time with her.

Earlier this morning Dan, Cherstin, Felicia and the kids and I headed in to the Zoo here in Albany. It was fun to see the animals up close, and we were literally by ourselves until the end when a small school group came in. One not so fun part was that at the beginning of the Zoo exhibit Felicia and I stepped in a pile of fire ants and we had tons of tiny bites all over our feet. They were covering my sandals and I had to whack them on a post to get rid of them and in doing that I put a whole in the bottom of my already oh-so worn sandals. After the Zoo we hit Target to buy some clothes for Mordecai since he was drenched with sweat and shoes for me.

After lunch we picked Grandma up and headed to the nail salon to get our pedicures. It was just like old times, except that it wasn't in Colorado. From there we took Grandma home to take some pictures, and then headed home. On the way home we were about 10 minutes from the driveway when Mordecai threw up all over himself and his car seat, which in turn made Mom heave. Needless to say this wasn't a fun night.


2 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

looks like you guys have been having fun out there! I hate it when kids puke. Lucas has decided to have the weekest gag reflex ever since he was sick. So if he coughs or swallows down the wrong tube now, he vomits. I guess he just learned from your son. :)

Kim said...

Love the pic of Emily massaging someones foot! Always an excuse to go to Target huh?