Thursday, July 23, 2009

A list of words

When I took Mordecai to his well baby visit I was concerned that he was behind in his talking skills. I knew I was comparing him to Emily, and that I shouldn't do that because 1) she is way advanced and 2) she is a girl. Well last night I decided to count the words Mordecai has, since he is learning a new one or two words a day. So here is a list of his words, in nor particular order.

Yes
No
Mom
Dad
Dog
Bear
Jesus
This
Up
Stuck
Snack
Bekah
Out
Ouch
Milk
Drink
Car
Hello
Bye
Book
Candy
Cookie
Stairs (Downstairs)
Night (good night)
Ball
Out
Shoes
Eat
Uh-Oh
Thank You
Please

Even though they aren't 100% clear we still understand him and so do most people. I am also sure I am missing a ton of words on this list. His understanding amazes me though. You can tell him to do something and he goes and does it right away. It is so fun. I love this age.

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

I love this age too! It is so fun that they can actually understand you and you can kind of understand them. I also love how their personalities come out more too.