Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Butterflies and Emily Funnies

On Thursday of last week I went to check the mail to see if Emily's eye patches had arrived. When I opened the mail box there was a package from my parents for the kids. I knew what it was cause my mom and I had talked about them previously, so when I walked in the door I told Emily that she and Mordecai had a package from Grandma and Grandpa Bainbridge. She was so excited to open it and when she did she said this. "Oh this is sooooo cute! What is it?" I told her she needed to pull it out and see. She did and I told her that Grandma made her an outfit, and as she was pulling Mordecai's out she said, "Which one did Grandpa make?" I had to laugh and tell her that Grandpa made the money so that Grandma could buy the fabric to make them. Anyway, they are really cute and my kids wore their outfits yesterday.Also Yesterday Val and her munchkins came over and played. Val was so nice to bring a craft for the kids to do. They made butterflies, check out her craft blog here. It is always fun to have friends over and to chat, especially about the old days.Now for another funny story. Mike takes Emily home teaching with him sometimes and he did this past Sunday. Well Mike said when they got to the home the lady standing at the door asked Emily what had happened to her eye, noticing the patch, and Emily replied, "Oh-I got hit by a truck the other day." and then just walked right into their house. So when Mike was telling me the story I was laughing and so I asked Emily why she said that and she tells me, " Cause don't you remember the other day when that happened?" It is really funny that kids say stuff like that, maybe she dreamt about it or something.

3 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I am so happy they had fun. I am going to the library on Wednesday will you be home so I can come get my stuff? :)

blondeviolin said...

and Emily replied, "Oh-I got hit by a truck the other day." and then just walked right into their house.

ROFL This CRACKS me up! I bet the look on Mike's face was priceless.

Mom made Emmett he same outfit. Abby was rather distraught when nothing came in the package for her. I told her she'd get a special treat when Grandma got here when we have the new baby (so maybe this week since my due date is Friday?).

Julie said...

Emily is so funny! I can totally see that happening and it made me laugh when I read it.