Monday, July 13, 2009

July 7 - July 13

Tuesday morning, the 7th of July, our little family packed up our car and headed down to my Grandpa's to take him out to breakfast before we left. It was so fun to see him, and I don't think he is going crazy like some have said. He confided in me that he has been seeing Grandma lately, and the feeling I got was, that he was. After breakfast we headed back to his house to drop him off and have a potty break.

On the way home I got 2 tickets in Wyoming. They were both bogus, even Mike says so. The first one I was following behind a cop when I decided to pass him. He pulled me over and said I was following to close, I wasn't, even though he was closer to the semi in front of him than I was to him. Then 3 hours later I was coming up over a hill and I was pulled over for doing 84 in a 75 mile per hour zone, which again was dumb that I got pulled over cause the car I was following was doing the same speed if not more than me. Oh-well, at least Mike wasn't mad. He said it doesn't seem fair and that I was probably singled out cause we had out of state plates. Mike also said if it was him that was driving he would of had the ticket, cause he usually does 85 mph. We didn't say a prayer before we left so we will blame it on that.

Wednesday morning Mordecai had his 15 month well child visit, a month late I know. We established that he has 15 plus words, but only those around him can understand them. He weighed in at 25 lbs. 3 oz., 60% and was 32.5 inches long, 90%. Still very long and lean. Dr. Miller asked about any concerns and the only ones we had were his exposure to the Swine Flu on Sunday and the finger sucking. We were quarantined for 7-10 days for the Swine flu exposure and were told the finger sucking doesn't become a problem until 4, and even then Dr. Miller doesn't think he will do it very long since it is only when he is tired or bored. We will have to see though.

Today Emily had an eye appointment and the prognosis wasn't good. We have to patch her eye all day for 3 weeks, to see if it will help her eye get to the point of equalness. If it doesn't help then there will be surgery involved. Dr. Nichols said that it is better to do it now, than to wait until the age of 9 because as of right now all of it is reversible and it wont ALL be reversible after the age of 6 and not fixable at all by 9. Part of me just wants to do the surgery now so we are done dealing with this, but I know it is a last resort. I just feel so guilty like I caused it because I caused the hemangioma. I know I am not supposed to blame myself, but because we don't know what causes hemangioma's I do.

Tomorrow we pick Bekah up from the airport, and Emily is so excited. I keep telling her that we will hardly see her, but I don't think she gets it. Bekah will be here for about a month, so the times we do see her it will be fun.

No comments: