After they finally got up we all got ready to go hiking in the mountains and have a picnic with Keith's family. We stopped at Subway on the way out, and then headed up to the top of the canyon to walk/hike around Silver Lake. When we got to the top Mordecai was already screaming cause he was hungry, which meant we couldn't calm him down very easily. We finally did after a vomit spell, worked himself up, and were able to eat our picnic lunch. After that we did the "hike" that Emily had been so excited to do since Mike mentioned it to her mid June time frame. During the walk the girls were so cute holding hands and pushing each other in our stroller. Some way through it though Emily had a melt down for whatever reason and Mike and I were frustrated too easily with her, probably because we already were a little bit because of Mordecai. So one point of her melt down an older guy stopped to take pictures of her crying. I think he was trying to help, but it just made it worse. Oh-well, it was fun after she quit crying, and she definitely crashed in the car on the way back to Mom and Dad's.






After Emily's nap around 3:00, unusual, Keith, Mike, Talisa, Emily, Mordecai, Felicia and I headed outside to do some 'snaps' in preparation for that night.








After a while we headed inside so Mike, Keith and Dad could go pick up some Papa Murphy's Pizza, and fireworks. While we were waiting for the pizza to cook Felicia and I headed out to get more fireworks since what Mike got would only have been about 10 minutes of a show. The 4th of July is important to me, probably because of how I grew up with my Dad, so I want it to be the same way for my kids so I bought enough fireworks to be outside for about 2 hours. After dinner the Eliason's showed up so the whole family headed outside to do day time fireworks. The kids loved the snakes, snaps and smoke balls, but didn't like the parachute kind that Mark brought or the tanks that I bought.








After that we headed inside after a while of looking at the horses in the back and dessert that Mom made. During that time Keith's family left and our kids received baths by Julie and Jason, another nice thing we LOVED. After baths and a little bit of down time we headed out to do fireworks. As I knew would happen Mordecai and Emily didn't like it, they were actually scared, so Mordecai went to bed, and Emily stayed inside with Grant, James, and Momma watching "Bolt". I think the Burnigham's, Eliason's and Mike, Dad and I enjoyed it. Mostly I just like the feeling I get and watching Mike have fun setting them off.
No comments:
Post a Comment